Friday, February 20, 2009

ALRIGHT ALREADY!!

Okay, so I'm a little - or a lot - behind. What? Is 4 months a long time to have not posted anything? My only excuse is the first trimester of pregnancy. Kind of took it out of me, and then I guess I just plane got out of the habit! Kemilee made this cute pic for me when I was feeling so yucky.



The dots on the bottom are specks of glitter. Gotta have a little bling on everything, according to Kemilee! But, I'm glad to say that WE'RE BACK! And I'm happy to announce that we're having our 3rd GIRL! YOWZERS! It'll be fun to dress up a little girl again, I'm just not ready to deal with more hormones! She is suppose to come live with us in mid June. Hopefully she'll cooperate, and stick with mid June instead of later in the month. I'm definetly turning into quite the heffer, but that just comes with it. I'm not one of those cute little girls with a little basketball on her tummy. I turn into the big girl the excersise ball on my tummy, so don't expect any pictures of how fat I am getting. It's just not a pleasant site on this body. I can't get myself to wear maternity clothes...it just feels yucky. Instead, I wear lot's of "stretchy pants". Did you see that episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond"? So funny!

We have had a lot of things going on at the Palmer farm. Yes. That's what I now call our homestead. "Palmer Farm", with a hint of red-necky-ness. Never thought I'd say it, but it's true. Tom keeps calling me a Grandma when our goats or cow or whatever animal, has a baby. It's not a nice feeling to be called a "Grandma" when your goats have babies. So, good thing the babies are so stinking cute! I'll get some pics posted of them soon. They're like cute little puppies. Then they grow up. We are also milking a cow, and get all the milk we want. Actually, it's Tom milking. Won't take credit for that one. But what a huge blessing! Keslee just bought her first calf (cuz what kid doesn't have that experience?), and she's excited to raise it up. We collect roughly 10 eggs a day. And we have pecans running out our ears from the pecan trees. I remember when I didn't want to have this kind of life. Now I thank my lucky stars for it, even if we have turned red-necky!





The official groundbreaking ceremony for the Gila Valley Temple was on Feb. 14, and it was great! Crazy Tom & his crazy partner from work hiked up one of the ball park light poles to get some extra good pics. It was great really great to be there, and to be able to see things from the beginning. Tom continues to be able to work with the "temple guys" as we call them. What an awesome thing for him to be able to do!







Well, that's all for now. I'm going to try really hard to keep this up better! Thanks for checking!

8 comments:

Roo said...

Thanks for the update Suz! I've missed you. Love, Roo :-)

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! Love the whole post. I especailly love that it feels like I can hear you talking. I miss Suzanna. This is Amy Napier by the way.

We changed our blog address. It is www.amyjoe14.blogspot.com if you want any updates on us as well. I don't really get much time to check other people's blogs anymore. Today was a rarity and I'm glad I checked yours. Love ya.

MaryAnn said...

ANOTHER GIRL! YEAH! We love girls! How fun! I have girl hand-me-downs to share with you. Don't do the math. . .I actually have some cute stuff left. :)
Soooo, You are quite the country girl! So fun! Why does the wife always become what the husband probably had in mind all the time, and not the other way around? JK
Awesome post. Love he temple pics of your family. We are FINALLY going tomorrow after church.
Take care.

Melody said...

Welcome back, Suzanna! Not that I'm one to talk, but still.... I decided to check your blog one last time today and told myself that if there wasn't a new post I was going to have to call you to make sure you're still alive! I still might have to call you, just to make sure. :) You're just the best and I really miss you!

Rob and Jen said...

Love the fun posts & pictures! I'm so excited for you to truly have your farm now! It's funny how quickly you can adjust to things you never thought you wanted--and find that you love them! Come what may... and love it!, right? Wasn't that a Conference talk recently? =)
And the temple groundbreaking...so exciting! Still miss you TERRIBLY, but can't help being happy for you guys and your new life! Love ya tons!!!

Karen said...

I love that you have a "farm". That is so cool. I wouldn't have a clue how to do any of that stuff! And how awesome to be in the Gila Valley right now with the temple being built there. You know, I go to Pima once a month to drop off Kyla, and I really should stop and see you one of these days!!

Suzanne said...

YAY!

Question - what's in the shelter behind the wire? Is that fire wood? Alfalfa? A tiger?

Suzanne said...

And ... we want some pecans.