Many of you, by now have heard that there are two new temples being built in Arizona. One in the Gilbert area, and we are SOOOOO excited that one of them happens to be in the Gila Valley! I guess I kind of always knew that there would be a temple here someday, I just never dreamed it would be this soon. This will be an amazingly HUGE blessing to so many people. As I type this, I am just overwhelmed at the millions of people this will benefit. Not only here in the Gila Valley, but obviously on the other side. People in this valley have been praying for many years for a temple to be built here. Our last 2 Stake Conferences have been amazing, and we have been counseled very strongly, to increase our temple attendance. Elder Costa, from the seventy, even came and gave us the challenge to attend once a week. I know some people here that have taken on that challenge. That's 2 1/2 - 3 hours of driving each way. I have felt more anxious than ever to attend more often. But, of course, I start thinking, how in the world am I going to afford to Mesa all the time with gas being so expensive? And then I come up with all the other excuses that seem to go with attending the temple. I know that the excuses won't go away once the temple is built here, but I certainly won't have as many! I came across this fabulous quote from Elder Packer yesterday, he said, "It is evident that the work relating to temples bothers the adversary the most. It is this work that causes all the bells of hell to ring.” I can't help but think that we are going to make Satan VERY mad here in the Gila Valley!Now here's the part that my husband will never understand about me. I tend to get attached to different "things". When we have sold different family cars or homes, or have had a dog that I actually hated, die, I don't like the separation from those things. I get comfortable, (again, even if I hated that dog!) and don't like the change. I still madly miss our Mesa home, and have great memories of my all time favorite Isuzu Rodeo that we use to have. And I think that's actually it. It's the memories. Dumb to some, but that's just me. Anyway, as excited as I am to have a new temple here, I can't help but already "miss" the Mesa Temple. For me, that is MY temple. It's been my temple for the last 12 years of my life. I can't imagine calling another temple "mine". I received my own endowments there, and married my best friend there. I have had some incredible experiences there that I will never forget. I know, to a lot of people reading this, it sounds rediculous, but I just wanted to throw that out there. Change is good, but not always easy. I am so thankful for the gospel and the opportunity I have to even go to the temple. I know this will bless the lives of millions, and I can't wait for that!

10 comments:
Suzanna! I can't believe Keslee still remembers use teaching primary ages ago! How fun that you live in Thatcher. Are you loving the small town life? I am excited and shocked we are getting 2 new temples. What a blessing.
Do you ever feel blessed to meet special people in your life? Well, you are six of them!
Take care! God bless!
wow sue, that was deep! :) it really was a great post.. i am the same way with memories! and i LOVE the mesa temple. i haven't thought how weird it will be to not go there much! it will always be in my top two favorite temples! (thatcher being the other! :)
Suzanna I wanted to write and mention the BEST part of missing the temple in Mesa. I also recieved my own endowments there, married there, and even did baptisms there sinse I was 12. Heck- I remember sitting on the grass outside when I 5 or so while my parents did the work inside. The coolest part is that the visits there now will be remarkable! Unlike the house and car and even dog- You CAN'T visit those things. They are out of our lives and that is so permanant. This beautiful temple will be waiting with open arms for you forever!
love ya-
Amy
Well, now that I think of it that way, you're right. It will be so sad. I started thinking, about when the last time I attend that temple will be. OKay, now I'm sad about it. I hope you all have a great week.
that was a cute post suzanna. i feel the same way about change. altho i did not used to be that way but the last 4 or 5 years i have been really bad. i dont want anything different..
anywho i decided to make my blog private so email me and i will add you in.luvya.
hboubelik@cox.net
I am so excited about the new temple. I know what you mean about being attached though. When I think that your kids and every who lives there will not be going to the Mesa temple as often it makes me sad. That is MY TEMPLE too and now we will be going to the new Gilbert temple. p.s. I can't wait to see you guys!
LET'S RING THEM BELLS!!!!
Suzanna!! I'm so glad I found your blog. Ours is http://tkspahrfamily.blogspot.com/
I love keeping in touch through blogging.
I get you! I think the Mesa Temple is the most beautiful out of all the temples. I really do! I love how unique it is. Maybe because it has always been mine too. I bet you will "bond" with the new one too. Like the girl scout song... "make new friends and keep the old, one is silver and the other gold." Ok great now I'll have that song in my head all day.
ashley
Post a Comment